Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A little Thanksgiving update for you that are curious about our flu. YOU ARE NOT SAFE AFTER 24 hours.

  Hopefully I won't repulse any of you. This flu was passed onto us last Thursday at the Fr. Philip talk I suspect, as my friend Cheryl's kids got it too (well one of them for sure).  We got sick early Saturday morning (thankfully with empty stomachs). Anyway, after comparing symptoms with Cheryl early Monday morning I found out that we were not clear of it- according to Cheryl. It apparently comes back ;) after 24 hours.  That's right, just when you think they are done throwing up...it strikes again!
   And right after I hung up the phone with Cheryl- immediately like perfect timing, Genna let her rip if you know what I mean. Knox never did really eat so I didn't have any more problems with him, he is just withering away right now. We have been trying the BRAT diet but they haven't even felt up to that. They just eat one bite and drink.
  Anyway, Brenden got sick Sunday morning in my bed, he only threw up all day long every few hours, I was able to keep him hydrated. He was better yesterday all day and then this morning at 3 am he had the explosion from the back end and then right after that he threw up. SO since then, he has been having Montezuma's revenge from both sides. His little bottom is really red I feel so bad for him. I did have my bed lined with towels because I learned from Cheryl and Genna that it came back. Boy that saved my bed!
  So yes we do have Thanksgiving planned but here at home not with relatives this year. I have a turkey brining right now. I made 2 pumpkin pies on Monday, pumpkin bars and I have the sweet potatoes and homemade cranberry/orange sauce done. Bread dough is ready to pop in oven and the green bean casserole is max ten mins to make. I will make the mashed potatoes and gravy tomorrow morning. We got it under control since we started early! And my house is clean. I am very thankful today for my Hoover Steamvac! It was ranked #1 by Consumer Reports when I purchased it in 2011 and it is outstanding. I bought my mom a brand new one in a garage sale last summer for $50!  I am grateful for much more actually.
    If it hadn't been for the flu I would not have been able to have the opportunity to prepare a Thanksgiving meal for my family. This is actually our first Thanksgiving here in our home, my kids first Thanksgiving in their own home in 5 years. It really is a blessing to be able to have it here in our own home for the first time, when you're dealt lemons make lemonade. Deo Gratias!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.