Monday, November 25, 2013

Our Jesse Tree Ornaments arrived today admid the flu chaos

Sign up for a free Advent Adventure with FREE printable colorable Jesse Tree Ornaments here.

Although we are scrambling around cleaning up after the flu and now the wee one has it, he can't tell us when he is throwing up, he's sort of like a little bomb that goes off randomly everywhere in the house. We received a great deal of happiness today when we got a package in the mail from Karen! It's our Jesse Tree ornaments. I made three sets- it was a marathon, but it was worth it! Hopefully I can give my sister Mary her set before Friday this week. I have a little something extra for her that I have been working on. The kids were ooouuuing and awwwwing and it was certainly fun to open. We will do another swap next year if we have the opportunity. Karen actually did two swaps and when I talked to her last Saturday on the phone she sounded worn out. She went the extra mile after 4 people backed out and made those extra ornaments herself! Way to go Karen! Here is her photo collage of the ornaments if you want a close up of what we received in Swap #1 and Swap #2.







Wow! 3 bags!


 Examinating the contents of  swap #1 bag and unwrapping a few of them that were wrapped in tissue.


Wow! There were some impressive ornaments in there! 


Ok, now swap #2 bag.


How do you think they made that mom?


If you are interested in making some last minute Jesse Tree ornaments I have a few tutorials and pics up here. Also check out my suggestions for some very simple Advent traditions to help strengthen your Faith during Advent.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that the ornaments put a smile on their faces. I bet that was just what they needed after batting the flu. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    I'm going to do my best to put pictures of the swap 2 ornaments up on my blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks similar to the fun we had at our place today too!!...
    http://raisingyoungones.blogspot.com/2013/11/2013-jesse-tree-ornament-swap.html

    What ornaments did you make??

    Prayers for peace and quick return to normal health for you and your crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 the dove and the "O Radix Jesse" lily for swap #1. Swap #2 I made the raven. Lol looks like we got them all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thanks for the prayers! I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.