Monday, November 18, 2013

Want to plan for Feasts and the Liturgical Year? This is my favorite books for planning from CHC (Catholic Heritage Curricula)

I got this book A Year with God, Celebrating the Liturigcal year, last summer on Cathswap for $15, new it was $60. It was just as it was going out of print at the time. There are quite a few on Amazon that aren't too bad in price. I am sure it will continue to go up unless they reprint it.
  There are so many ideas do to in here throughout the Liturgical year. There are Catholic game ideas- our family favorite is "I'm thinking of a Saint...". Saint party ideas, Advent preps and ideas, our HUGE family Liturgical wheel idea came out of here (see post on my homeschool room), Easter, Holy Week, Ordinary Time...it's where we found St. Peter's fishing pond for our All Saints Day party, the idea for Saint O'Lanterns (for Halloween) is in here- I know most of us have seen those floating around the internet, it has feast day ideas for specific feast days not just a general suggestion- like  for the next few months you can find ideas for St. Nicholas and the candy cane, Immaculate Conception, Our Lady of Loreto, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Feast of the Holy Family, Holy Innocents, Mary Mother of God, Epiphany, Baptism of Jesus, Presentation of our Lord, Our Lady of Lourdes, St, Valentine...etc..it just keep going, they have saint pictorials like a mini cartoon for feast days).  


helpful Feast Day lists through out the book to help you plan ahead


game ideas for every event, Feast Day or Ordinary Time


Saint Pictorials 

I found Catholic Jeopardy, Father's and Mother's day ideas, rosary projects, crafts, home altar ideas, they provide templates, prayers and pictures for you to photocopy, basically you can find every idea in this book and then some. There is a nice index in the back with dates for quick reference too and page numbers. It's spiral bound too and oh how I love spiral bound books. I think this book is so helpful for planning ahead. I hope you can find a copy!


Updated:

Liturgical Planners for all year long
Lent and Easter in the Domestic Church- Fournier
The Domestic Church Celebrates The Annunciation A Feast for Family Life- Fournier 
or Get them all free online!
HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.