Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I found a used children's Christmas book today! A triology of stories by Edward Hays, Catholic Priest from Kansas.

I couldn't believe my luck today when I was out shopping. If found a book for $3 called Little Orphan Angela, a Trilogy of Christmas Stories, by Edward Hays.  He's a Catholic priest and worked and lived here in Kansas. I think he is still assigned to the Archdiocese of Kansas City. At one point he was even assigned  to the Kansas State Penitentiary. Maybe some of you here in Kansas have read about his life already, it's new to me- or maybe I am missing a connection somewhere since I was unfamiliar with this book ;) This book is definitely a keeper in our collection though. I can't wait to read part of this book tonight to the kids. I am adding to our family's Advent and Christmas booklist.




 I briefly looked through the first story, and it has St. Nicholas in it, I might save that tale for Dec. 6th.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.