Sunday, December 29, 2013

Traditional Lambswool drink recipe for Epiphany or 12th Day of Christmas

  I have no idea if this is good or not. But I want to try it...maybe it's that steel mug my husband bought me at the Ren fest this last fall.  Sure would be fun drinking that out of my mug I think ;) It might make us want to go "a-wassailing among the leaves so green".  Here's another recipe too...I recognize the names of the ale's in it. Let me know if you have tried it and what you think. This drink is an oldie!




I am thinking you can cheat and substitute apple sauce- use the no sugar added stuff- NOT the fake sugar with articfical sweetners...yuck. Just no sugar added natural applesauce. You're supposed to be adding an apple puree.


simmer one beer with spices.


My brother Nathan- this dude couldn't froth well.. I am not sure if was him or the beers. We should have used the New Castle..it was a pot of Red's Apple and the Woodchuck Cider in the other.


Normally there would be a large layer of lambswool froth on top, but it's okay, we'll learn to froth better next time.  I thinking I am going to make it for St. Patty's Day. And use the New Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.