1. Sign up for Holy Heroes Lent Adventure. Same concept as the Advent Adventure! This will be our second year in it. We loved it last year and we have also done two Advent Adventures now and a Summer Adventure, it's been perfect! You can buy their Lent Adventure CD too if you want or just do the free one with the email.
2. For sure get the kids to wear sacrifice beads. Once you get the swing of it (takes a week or two) man you will have helpers and good deed do'ers fighting to help you rather than running away. It works perfect with the concept of Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross. Buy them at Holy Heroes.
3. Stations of the Cross Stickers and coloring books! (see #6 for another use for stickers)
4. Make a "Good Deed" crown of thorns. (It cost me about $6, Rit Dye- I think I used black, toothpicks, and a grapevine wreath from Walmart for around $3). Soak toothpicks and wreath in a bucket in the dye- for a long time! and then let it air dry on some cardboard- wear old clothes. You can also spray paint the wreath and toothpicks if that's more your style. Just do it outside please in the grass! Pull a thorn from Jesus' crown when you're kids do good deeds. Yes there is a possibility you will pull out all the thorns because we all have more than one child, start over again and keep reusing the toothpicks. Use the Sacrifice Beads to count and keep track during the day.
5. Make a Lent Calender- sort of like an Advent Calendar. I had to make mine from scratch. I laminated it and made little "stickers" with Crosses and Saint Icon's for Feast Days.