- Our Daily Routine
- Catholic Homeschool curriculums
- Our Homeschool Room
- Our bedtime Catholic book list
- Free Catholic curriculum resources, groups, blogs I love..
- Seasons and Feast day costumes, parties and food
- Saint Peg Dolls
- Little Flowers
- Jesse Tree exchanges and ornaments
- Baptism, First Confession and First Communion
Saturday, February 1, 2014
Counting down to St. Valentine's Feast Day Craft
So what does chocolate and cookies have to do with St. Valentine...I have no idea, but I like excuses to eat them and so do my kids. But if you want to keep your kids minds on Christian love rather than that other kind of "love", here's a great direction to steer them in. We found this adorable craft last year on Catholic Icing's blog. It's a Bible verse a day- all about the true love. You know the kind of love that you need to be married and respect other humans love- nothing to do with the wordly Valentine's day at all. We purchased Valentine's short bread cookies at Panera and kicked off our 14 day count down tonight on the Feast of St. Brigid. We made our Valentines last week, but we still need to send them- I have forgotten the envelopes from Walmart like 3 or 4 times now..pathetic on so many levels.