Sunday, March 9, 2014

Best beef stroganoff recipe ever...and bonus it's a crock pot recipe.

I wanted to share the best beef stroganoff recipe I have ever had before. I am not sure if it's the combo of ingredients or the fact it's slow cooked...or whatever it is. I found it on Crockin' Girls website.  P.S. I add shredded parmesan cheese to ours.

1 1/2 to 2 pounds stew meat
1 medium yellow onion, chopped well, recipe calls for chunked- I didn't like it
2 heaping Tablespoons garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon onion powder (skipped this one ingredient)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (8-ounce) package fresh, sliced mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 can beef broth, no sodium added
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
egg noodles

{Recipe also calls for Flour and Milk at the end, but I didn't need them, so they have been omitted. But you may need them ;) everyone's cooker is different and sour cream is enough milky goodness for us.}

Directions:
  1. In a slow cooker throw in the first ten ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or less- time varies from pot to pot, I think ours was done in about 5 hours- I cooked it on high for about 2, low on the remaining). Stir in sour cream to crock pot and mix well. Serve over egg noddles with shredded parmesan cheese.

  2. To thicken (before you add it to noodles), make a flour and milk paste (this part I omitted). Whisk until smooth and add to the cooker. A couple of big tablespoons should do the trick. Serve with warm cooked noodles or add your cooked noodles to the slow cooker at the very end.

  3. I have a few other stellar recipes for you guys as well. 
  4. If anyone is into making homemade biscuits-  best sweetly flavored biscuits recipe for you (I was trying to find something comparable to LaMonde Cafe here in Wichita, KS, but these are even better I think- they aren't hard, freeze that butter!)
  5. And a new favorite- Cake Cookies...found it on a Pin. Yea, we made them tonight out of a box of yellow cake mix...oh yum. I am not sure if I ate more dough or cookies...lol
  6. And best Corn Casserole recipe I have ever had...good for Lent

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.