Monday, March 3, 2014

I love when things come together in a lesson plan and the Liturgical Cycle

  I decided to start the kids on the Virtue in Practice program after gawking at it all day (this was another great idea from my friend Cheryl). Most of our Lent focus is on the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy, everything we do centers around those. It's always our month (every February and March to pick up food for the Lord's Pantry, as well as our 40 days of alms and 40 cans of food). So, it happens Mercy is the virtue we are working on. AND guess who the Saint in the study is? The Cure Of Ars! We start his sermons this next Sunday in this lovely book (When I purchased the book it happened there was a beautiful antique holy card in it I got to keep).
  What's even neater is we attended a homeschool mass out here in the boonies, with our homeschool group last week. The priest's mother, the Linda passed out St. John Vianny holy cards, blessed by Pope Francis from when Fr. Frederick was ordained in Rome. My kids learned 2 neato songs for the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy (via Holy Heroes Lent Adventures), so making examples for them has always been easy, since we just sing the quick little diddy and they get it. I am really looking forward to the benefits our family will gain from this study! God Bless the sisters in Nashville and their good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.