Friday, September 19, 2014

The Black Madonna is coming to town ;)


I am so excited, I love icons. My husband (who isn't Catholic) started buying my icons when we got married. He loves them as much as me I think. They are just beautiful and special spiritual works of art.

This one is particularly special.  The Black Madonna is Poland's Patroness "Our Lady of Czestochowa". Pope St. John Paul II had a great devotion to her. Pope St. John Paul II and Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI visited the shrine in Poland. Pope Emeritus Benedict grew up not to far from it and as a child visited the shrine many times. Many miracles have been associated with the icon.  Oh if you ever have listened to the Glory Story from Holy Heroes of John Paul II than you know about the Miracle on The Vistula- a miracle of our Our Lady of Czestochowa.

Anyway here's the info about the tour. It's the Ocean to Ocean in Defense of Life Tour. It started in 2012. Apparently abortion clinics have closed. Maybe the icon will be coming to your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.