Monday, October 13, 2014

Fatima Feast Day Party and homemade icons, and a little 3 year old's birthday

Happy Feast of Fatima!  It happens to be my niece's birthday too- Gracie. She turned 3 today, she had a rough start in life with a life threatening heart defect.  Thankfully in answer to prayers. she received a successful surgery which ended the whole nightmare. Praise be to God! She has been doing well since. I made her a special Our Lady of Guadalupe felt doll for her birthday. 



I digress...well sort of..


We did have a Fatima party today and our friends all made it.
Maureen made these awesome cupcakes!







Cheryl's yummy sweet peppers and Corinne's brownies were all a hit! Corinne's husband came along and grilled our hot dogs for us. 




This looks like a nursery ;) Good job Maureen!


My dad and I pre-cut and sanded pieces of wood for the project on Sunday. (everyone knew ahead of time what size their pictures were)








decoupaging icons (we had postcards of icons and an old book of icons to cut from).  Brenden helped do one too!


what a cutie!









My mom and Cheryl's husband Seth came for lunch as well and said the rosary with us too.


Julia's icon is of St. Michael



Our Lady of Czestochowa postcards from the Icon visit last week.



Clara's icon


Jack's Icon

I think they will all be drying through the night- we had to really use a lot of extra Modge Podge to stick down the bigger pictures. But so far they are looking really nice. 
We ended the party with a full Rosary. All the kids took turns saying Hail Mary's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.