Wednesday, September 2, 2015

First Confession craft



We are working on a notebook for Knox's Sacraments, the Sacrament of Confession and First Holy Communion. This particular craft is a great idea for a flat notebook- it will be bound later with his other pages. This cute treasure box idea was on Catholic Icing. We had the supplies here already. It is very easy to do. 

I used our Cricut machine the George Shapes cartridge for the shapes under the treasure box lid at about 2" and 1 3/4".  You can cut shapes out yourself or if you have paper punches with cute shapes you can do those too. 

You need a variety of different colored scrap paper for the shapes "on and in" the box. I cut down the width of a full size piece of brown card stock to make the treasure box- it has a folded flap. It was glued to another piece of full size card stock. Construction paper works just fine too, I just prefer card stock for most our crafts.



I wrote in Genna's.


Hide the treasure under the folded flap "lid".


Knox wrote in his own about how the Sacrament of Confession helps him receive heavenly treasure.


The kids used sticky jewels to decorate it. Sticky jewels are in the bins upfront at Michael's for $1.50 a sheet, you really don't need too many.


Add a treasure box lock on a little square of paper, it's a circle on top of a triangle.

I uploaded an easy way to do this incase you just don't have all the fancy paper. Feel free to download it, just link to my blog's post if you do share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.