Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Making First Communion cards with my Cricut and Big Shot

At some point Knox will be making his First Communion...at some point... in the mean time to keep him fresh, we are doing a notebook now...so he can keep reviewing his information, I'd hate for him to lose it all and cause another delay. We received some beautiful Sizzex thin dies for the Big Shot in the mail from Grandma Patti that inspired us to make his First Communion Cards. I am thinking Baptism Cards next...maybe...we'll see how this baby behaves for the next few months.

One of his assignments in his Mother of Divine Grace book is to make his own cards, so instead of buying a premade pack we put together, we can design and assemble them here at home. Maybe for slightly cheaper (depending on how much more he wants to add..lol). By the way, I am open to sharing/tutoring with my Cricut with my friends out there- if you need to also do yours ;)

Here's are the 2 rough drafts- they are back to back on one piece of card stock..One with a large design- which Knox chose over the smaller one.  One piece that is missing is our wheat- the Cricut cartridge for it is on it's way here in the mail. 


Using Cricut Cartridges:  Celebrate with Flourish (for the grapes), New Testament (chalice), George and Basic Shapes (host). Then for the chalice cross, they are thin die cuts (Spellbinders set).  And the wheat that's coming in the mail is from the Go Canada cartridge. I bought it on ebay SUPER CHEAP.


 We picked out some prettier paper today at Michaels to actually use on the cards, the rough draft is just the regular not so fancy paper we had here at home. 


We also hit a clearance on these tiny metal crosses they were only $.80 a pack! SO we bought them all, I am pretty sure we will find other cards or crafts to use them in.


Speaking of clearances...check out these two odd items I got today at our Dillons.
St. Jude incense was clearanced... guess we can have a St. Jude Feast Day party with that, and our signs..



Then some imported Polish Candy called Raczki. We'll put it away for another Polish Saint's feast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.