- Our Daily Routine
- Catholic Homeschool curriculums
- Our Homeschool Room
- Our bedtime Catholic book list
- Free Catholic curriculum resources, groups, blogs I love..
- Seasons and Feast day costumes, parties and food
- Saint Peg Dolls
- Little Flowers
- Jesse Tree exchanges and ornaments
- Baptism, First Confession and First Communion
Thursday, October 1, 2015
St. Jerome and his lions
Last night we prepared our cake and cupcakes for our St. Jerome Feast day celebration today.
Yellow cake mix- one box, carefully measure your cupcakes and cake out.
Homemade semi sweet chocolate frosting- very drippy, easy to pour as you can see below
It makes the lions face darker than that Duncan Hines chocolate frosting- so there's contrast.
We put Wilton candy melts for the eyes and nose, upside down Kisses would work fine too. I used my Pampered Chef frosting gun to do the Duncan Hines frosting part. You can print lion faces to color and cut out here. I printed them on card stock and we stuck popsicle sticks to them.
Tasty snack! Half the cupcakes went to grandma and grandpa.
St. Jerome pray for us!