Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I am finally done! 12 days of Christmas ornaments

  I have been in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training for 2 days straight for 8 hours a day- today and yesterday...I am very tired from the info I have absorbed and work I have done, plus just normal physical exhaustion from being in my last few weeks of pregnancy. My kids have been without mom, my house is neglected...slightly..and I OWE some big thanks to my husband and friend Cheryl for watching them all.  It's weird to be so disconnected from my family! I am sure you can relate, I almost felt guilty because I was having fun even though it was work! lol 

 I managed to finish the last few ornaments tonight for the two turtle doves ornament. I wrote last week about the new swap I am in for the 12 days of Christmas song- to make ornaments to match. The 12 days of Christmas are real, and there is some basic catechism you can teach your kids from the song.
  I got to design an ornament for 2 Turtle Doves and 4 Calling Birds (Colly Birds). My 2 turtle doves were easy because I used an old ornament pattern from a Jesse Tree ornament.


I switched the canvas circle out for a heart shape and put one white felt dove on pink felt hearts. 


Those mesh hearts are $1 at Walmart. Then I embroidered around the edge of the felt with a blanket stitch. The plastic heart keeps them nice and stiff, so they hold their shape well.


I cut out a Bible with two colors of felt, the letters OT and NT on each page (Old Testament, New Testament). I was going to embroider them with black thread, but I am tired, and I do have a very quick dead line, they need to be in MA by Dec. 12th. With slow mail and holidays, I am sending them out tomorrow, it's at least a week to there destination. So black Sharpie will just have to do for now. 

Did I mention the baby is due Dec. 20th...so I am getting down to the wire here. I think she's about ready, she sure has been beating up my stomach!



Oh on my 4 calling birds, I added a gold hanger ribbon, and I also sealed them with Minwax Polyurethane.


They are definitely my favorite of the two ornaments. Those little birds were so fun! I was really lucky to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.