Friday, December 25, 2015

12 days of Christmas Ornament swap

I participated in another swap (before the baby came of course), as a previously posted about. I just got  two sets of ornaments the other day just in time for the 12 days of Christmas.

 On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree...


A partridge in a pear tree- Jesus Christ, two turtle doves- New Testament, Old Testament, three French hens, Faith, Hope and Charity with their secular symbols.


The backsides of the ornaments.

Four calling (Colli) Birds- 4 Gospel writers, Five Golden Rings- the Torah.


Six geese a laying (the six days of creation).



The second half of the 12 days of Christmas Ornaments the front sides.


     Seven swans a swimming- seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. Eight maids a milking- the eight beatitudes.                                             Nine ladies dancing- nine fruits of the Holy Spirit.



The backside of the seven swans and eight maids a milking.


 Backside of the nine ladies dancing ornament.


Ten "Lords a Leaping"- Ten Commandments,  eleven pipers piping- eleven faithful apostles, twelve drummers drumming- twelve articles of faith in the Apostles Creed.


The backsides of the ornaments.


A few great books share and read with your kids for these next 12 days is..




Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your birds ornament and almost wished I'd signed up for both sections of the swap so I could enjoy the ones you received, too. If you'd like to see the other set that was swapped, go to http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2015/12/12-days-of-christas-ornament-swap.html, where I have linked this post. :) Enjoy your 12 Days of Christmas and your newest blessing. What beautiful children you have and how they beam over their new sibling in the photos in your other post. :)

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.