Wednesday, December 16, 2015

2015 Peg Doll Exchange


  Last night we had our annual Saint Peg doll exchange. I can't believe I was able to go, I thought for sure I would be in the hospital having a baby, but that already happened ;) Knox helped me with pictures. 
   Yes there is a peg doll missing, there are only 12.  (Also the table wasn't set up completely when I took my picture). At last minute, a random person apparently just an hour or two before the exchange, decided that she wasn't going to be in the exchange and had not even painted any. THAT IS NOT COOL, (don't do that to your friends and people you don't even know). We all purchased and painted 13 dolls, so there was almost a complete extra set that wasn't being claimed. Fortunately my friend Ramie brought her mom along to help her with her children. Her mom was so thrilled at seeing these saint pegs, she immediately volunteered to paint a 13th peg doll for us and promised to get it done by January! So problem solved! And I am leaving that one saint as a surprise for you to see. I am so excited to get him (that's the only hint you get).



 Almost all the peg dolls are out. Mine were in the bags my kids created, on the other side of the table.


Left to right:
Bl. Miguel Pro "Cocol",  Pope St. John Paul II, St. Faustina and the Divine Mercy Image


 Left to right:
St. Faustina and the Divine Mercy Image, Our Lady of Fatima


Left to right:
Our Lady of Fatima, St. Maximilian Kolbe holding the Immaculata paper, St. Theresa of Avila


Left to right:
St. Theresa of Avila, St. Bernadette Soubirous (whew! that doll was perfect!)


Left to right:
St. Bernadette Soubirous, St. Patrick


Left to right:
St. Stephen (disciple), St. John Vianney


Knox bless his heart, almost got our whole group into the picture ;) I think my sister was the far left and she was cut out.


Still a bit blurry, And this is the first time I have seen myself in a photo since the baby was born, hey I am happy! lol


When I took the pictures I didn't go back and get St. Ferdinand, of Spain, once Christine arrived, I was busy chit chatting. So here he is- I put him and some other detailed photos below.






She painted a globe on him and sword and a beautiful crown. THIS IS ALL CHRISTINE'S OWN ORIGINAL WORK! Isn't he amazing?


St. Ferdinand



St. Maximilian Kolbe

\
St. Maximilian Kolbe



St. Bernadette Soubirous



WOW, she came out like the Pinterest ones that are $45! Good grief! Talk about some talent!


St. John Mary Vianney



St. John Mary Vianney, the Cure of Ars


St. Faustina (Jenny modge podged that itty picture on and then painted over it, OMG SO CUTE!!!) And it's the year of MERCY! Hello! Aren't you excited? She is paired with JP II- that was Jenny's idea to help lead people to chose those- sort of sneaky, way to go Jenny!


St. Theresa of Avila, Stacy is an amazing artist, she did peg dolls last year in 2014, I think it was St. Luke and Matthew? I just remember Gospel writers.



St. Theresa of Avila

\

Blessed Miguel Pro, or "Cocol"for his secret spy name. Check out the Holy Heroes CD on him for kids, it's very very interesting about the crap that was going down in Mexico in the early 1900s with the persecution of the Catholic Church- it's so down played, you would never know how horrible it was just over the border, completely hidden away in history.  My sister Mary did this one. I need to find her picture of St. Brigid of Ireland, she painted for the other other peg doll exchange- she was beautiful!


St. Patrick- so cute and such small details were amazing- like the staff and snake, wow Ramie!


Our Lady of Fatima, love the teeny rosary! The pearly white paint was beautiful!


St. Stephen (disciple), the first martyr



St. Stephen


St. Pope John Paul II (JP II) I like the choice of gold paint around his clothes instead of black, what a good idea!  He was our patron saint this year for our family- how appropriate!

You can see my peg, Our Lady of Guadalupe in past posts, which you probably already looked at. There is a how to paint link too.


Sorry JP II I almost cut you out.  A 13th saint is being made and I will show you who he is when the time is right, I am so excited for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.