Friday, January 22, 2016

Baptism party prep

Getting ready for a Baptism is always harder because of the newborn baby factor. Obviously, I am going for pink on this one along with shells- since the scalloped shell is a symbol for the Sacrament of Baptism.

The kids and I made the cake topper and shells earlier this week with pink and white candy melts. Walmart sells pink and bright pink candy melts by the way..and they are way cheaper than Amazon or Michael's too.







I am putting the shells around the bottom of the cross cake. And the candy cross you see below will go on top. The rose candy mold is Wilton. The extra candies will be laid out in the middle of the table sort of like you would do if you threw down confetti on a table (except this is edible).



I haven't done a shell themed Baptism party yet. Getting the food ready is always the main thing especially being so tired after being a new mom (again) and nursing a baby all night, lucky I have some help. I purchased a shell candy mold and a cross mold to decorate the cake.  I am using the same cross cake pan I used for Knox's First Communion party just a few months ago. Wilton is the manufacturer, and it's always got free shipping on Amazon.




 I also made Zoe Therese a "God Bless Zoe" sign with my Cricut, very similar to Genna's name sign I made a few months back. Knox had one at his First Communion party as well.



I am so excited about this shell punch bowl I found on Amazon. I have a second one coming from Amazon, I am going to do the Paradise Pink Punch in one and the fruit in the other.  Knox suggested finding small shell bowls we could put jello in, but I had no luck finding any disposable plastic small shell bowls. But this punch bowl can also be found on Oriental Trading's website (the sticker on the bottom of the bowl told me so ;)  Check it for cracks, you may find it to be leaky.


Our menu is going to brunchy foods, two breakfast casseroles, two quiche lorraine, fruit salad, yogurt, OJ, Mimosas, coffee and then cake, punch and sugar cross cookies- which I got done tonight.




I displayed the cookies on a dessert platter with three tiers, there is a picture in Knox's First Communion party post.

Since we are going to be stuck inside, I got crafts for the kids (from Autom), and we'll also be doing a Baptism coloring page contest. 


It's a huge 24 pack!


I have a "prize" from Autom. It's a shell baptism pin and bookmark, they were on clearance at $.39 each. I have Baptism holy cards coming with the date of the Baptism, but I am not sure they will get here on time, I called today (I ordered them two weeks ago) and they said they would get them out today in the mail- I assume that means over nighting it when he said there is a good chance they would get here- he sounded pretty flustered. Iyiyi...hopefully those will come, or they can go out in the mail I suppose after the big day..  

UPDATE*** They arrived next day (today by 9 :30! IS that impressive or what?)

I went ahead and made cards up for Knox's first Communion as well since I never did those. Their prices are so awesome, check them out. Call them - they are super nice people with a cool east coast accent.


I have an Amazon Prime account now, and I admit I like it a lot. I ordered the party supplies off Amazon just to save a trip around town, because I never can find the color of plastic ware or cups or dessert plates I want, I had luck at Dollar General for a few things for the First Communion but not everything, and our Walmart is always out. Plus Amazon sells pink Baptism balloons!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.