Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy Epiphany! 20+C+M+B+16

Caravans of camels shall fill you, dromedaries from Midian and Ephah; all from Sheba shall come bearing gold and frankincense, and proclaiming the praises of the Lord.  Isaiah 60:6


Aww the Epiphany! The Feast of the revelation of Christ the King to the gentiles!  Who were the three kings? Where are they now? When did they die? This article had some great info about them and their relics.

If you're worried you missed the Epiphany, you haven't! There is still time to celebrate it with in the Octave.
Here's some ideas...
Interested in an home Epiphany Blessing?  Every year we get chalk blessed at the Epiphany Mass, this year we also took a bottle of Myrrh we got from the Holy Land to be blessed. It's also a good day to get your Holy Water blessed.
Make an Epiphany cake. We hide baby Jesus in ours, after all the kings were searching for him.


Baby Jesus- snug as a bug..in a cake.




Our crown points are Reese's Peanut Butter Trees.


During your home blessing do a procession as well with the three King's gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.



My sister's oldest child- my Godson Augustine, prepared Epiphany gifts for us and brought them over with his sibings tonight. We were in the middle of dinner so I didn't think to get a picture of them delivering them. It was very thoughtful!


My Godson Augustine also wrote me a thank you note for being his Godmother- another first of the year tradition for God children to do. We have lost a lot of traditions, like open houses and visiting and such on the first of the year. So cute! He colored a picture of the Blessed Sacrament for me in some glitter pencils (I think) and his transcribed note.


20+C+M+B+16

 The kings of Tarshish and the Isles shall offer gifts, the kings of Arabia and Seba shall bring tribute. All kings shall pay Him homage, all nations shall serve Him.  Psalm 72 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.