Monday, February 8, 2016

Stations of the Cross holy card project

   Keeping toddlers focused in Mass is a little challenging, it helps having prayer cards or a book that is religious- it keeps the Lord up in front of them, even if they can't control their little bodies yet. Stations of the Cross is no different. And with Lent coming up in just a few days, I am reminded that our family participates in Stations of the Cross at least once a week on Fridays at our church, and at home as well. I have plenty of children's Stations of the Cross books to keep them interested, the illustrations are different in them all. Each week they pick a different one to follow along in- now that they are reading, it might matter to them that the words do not match. But I found these cool Stations of the Cross holy cards on that website I mentioned in my previous post.


  I knew what to do with them as soon as I saw them.  I laminated them and punched a hole through them and stuck them on a ring. Each printout has two cards, so in the end you have two complete sets. It's just one more thing you can add to your arsenal. You can offer them to your child during mass or at stations. It's easy to use and quiet.




The photos are beautiful. When I showed my kids this morning, they were excited, everyone wants their own, so it looks like I need to make one more set (I only did two- since it prints two). I am going to run out of ink! We put out out home made Stations of the Cross on our homeschool room window sills along with the votives, it's one of our Lenten traditions. I'll have more on that later and you can read about our home Stations of the Cross service here if you like.


"We adore you Christ and we praise you....."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.