Monday, August 8, 2016

Favorite new thing Cherubalm


I am sure you all saw the Catholic Gentleman's blog advertising beard balm a while back and they had Chrism scented beard balm and a few other cool sounding ones. I was asking my cousin Chris in New York if that kind of balm could be used for other things.- like my skin- I saw a bunch of nun's had ordered it and were using it in the comments..he's our family beardo, he wasn't too sure.  Sight unseen I didn't order it.
   
Well at the conference this weekend, I was browsing all the new vendors and found Cherubalm, and the nice lady who directed me to it, showed me it was a chrism scent! How cool is that? So it's skin salve with a Chrism like scent. I actually don't see balsam on the label, but it smells like a Catholic Baptism to me! 

 I knew I had to have it, so I bought it, and afterwards had this brilliant idea, as I was brainstorming what to do with it... How about waiting to use it for a special occasion like their baptismal days?! Reminding them they are God's child and attach that heavenly smell to their memories.  Children have very absorbent minds, and sensory is a big thing for them. I am pretty sure none of them have a clue about their infant baptisms. It's just one more way you can help them connect to their first sacrament.  It's for everyday use, but I have to order it and have it shipped...not exactly cheap. I have to make it last.

Oh, you could make it a baptismal gift too, babies have sensitive skin ya know- and that's what it's for.  My kids have dry patches so voila, a great place to rub it on.

If I were you, I would take the time to read through their main website page- it's interesting. They actually didn't go buying balsam from a bulk dealer (I would have I thought of it) they obtained permission from the monastery where it was produced for their Diocese to use the essence! How cool is that?!  But since the ingredients were top secret and couldn't be released they had to come up with their own formula to be able to sell their product. And I am not a salesperson or working for Cherubalm by the way. I just want to tell you how excited I was about finding this tube. 

(I saved Zoe's little hairband from her baptism in a plastic baggie so when she is older she could smell it. I never remembered to do this with my other kids- always too tired but I managed on this one. So you can see why I was thrilled.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.