Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Feasting lately?

We had a couple nice feast day celebrations this week already.
Homemade applesauce from the apples at grandma's and cookies from Poland and a drink from Italy.




We did our Polish saint, Maximilian Kolbe on Sunday afternoon. We feast day it up on Sunday's too, during the week it gets tricky with homeschooling, there isn't always the time for extras during the day.  We also prayed the St. Kolbe chaplet with the chaplets I made the kids last year.


Polish stew, because I can't think of another name for it, it's so so good.


Then Monday was the Feast of the Assumption, we made brownies and Blueberry crumbles! Blue is the Assumption theme color I hear...



The homemade crumbles are so sweet.


I used fresh blueberries I froze about 3 weeks ago. They tasted soo good. We made paradise punch and ate our brownies and blueberries for Mary's Assumption party before we ran out of the house to our CGS atrium to rearrange materials and furniture- which we found partially flooded..oh the luck. Good thing we weren't real late, we caught it early enough, the church shut the water off.  I couldn't find my Assumption centerpiece card I made last year, we all were wondering where it went. Hope you had a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.