Wednesday, August 3, 2016

On eve of the feast of St. John Vianney

I have the cutest little niece named Vianney (just thought maybe you would like to know). Anyway, since we are busy tomorrow we celebrated his feast day tonight with a "french" meal.  Our dinner was Chicken Cordon Bleu, boiled potatoes and salad. For dessert we had Parisian fruit tarts, they remind me of the ones I would see in the patisseries in France. 





I asked my kids why boiled potatoes?  And immediately they knew the answer. Boiled red potatoes with butter are delicious!

 On a side note..
We had the day off school to go and participate in the Kansas 4-h Wheat Expo. We toured Cargill's Innovation Center. It was a great day. The kids judged some practice entries on bread, rolls, wheat samples, and photography. They submitted their judging sheets, which in turn were judged. Both Genna and Knox received a purple ribbon for their excellent judging skills.


St. John Vianney Ora Pro Nobis!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.