Thursday, August 25, 2016

Saint Philibert of Jumièges and the hazelnut cake.

Saint Philibert of Jumièges' feast day is August 20th- yea late post sorry! Hazelnuts often called filberts (his Anglican 'translated' name is Filbert) are named after him since they ripen around that time.  Who doesn't love Nutella? 


 For his feast day we made a hazelnut cake from a box of Duncan Hines Yellow cake mix.  I added hazelnut extract. (it was imitation because that is all I could find at our local Walmart- even Dillon's didn't sell it). I made the cake according to the directions, then I just figured about a 1/4 of the hazelnut extract would be enough for a cake. (So add at your own discretion- taste it as you go another words).
  For the frosting, I used a half can of Pillsbury Milk Chocolate frosting and half a can of Pillsbury Cream Cheese Frosting, half a bar of cream cheese and then more hazelnut extract- I added till I liked the flavor. The cake came out so moist.






Not as pretty as I would like- I was in a huge hurry. Part of the sides broke off...shame on me.



Saint Philibert of Jumièges pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.