Monday, August 1, 2016

use up your almond flour on St. Ignatius' Feast Day, Ignacio cake tea party

 Well, there are slight variations in everyone's recipe for this special cake called Ignacio. Personally I noticed that 3 egg whites is not enough, it looked like cookie dough instead of batter, so I had to add water. It came out just fine in the end too.
 Oh, I was so lucky to find out that this one also used ground almonds...perfect timing if you saw my Santiago cake. I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with the rest of that $9 open almond flour bag I still hadn't used up...well here ya go, you're welcome- now you don't have to wonder. Two cakes for two saints within a week that use the same weird ingredient.


Authentic Ignacio cake...but you could just go easy on yourself and skip egg whites and almond flour and do cake mix.


My stencil was flimsy- so the nails at the bottom of the Jesuit symbol were messy as the powdered sugar fell.



We actually had ice water with our cake since it was close to bedtime and it was very hot outside. If your wondering if the cake is good, YES, it is! My kids liked it as well as the Tarta de Santiago. There was none left!

St. Ignatius of Loyola pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.