Friday, September 30, 2016

Blackberry cobbler on St. Michael's Feast day


We celebrated Knox's feast day with blackberry cobbler and Queen of Angels Chicken. It was a good dinner, we didn't have any shirkers.


It was all gone by the end of dinner.


Going in the oven...


Someone tasted it before I could get a picture! The sugar melts down if you put it right when it comes out and leaves a nice crust on top. You have heard the legend, why we commemorate St. Michael's feast day with blackberries- because when Satan was thrown down out of heaven into a blackberry bush, he spat on the berries. So they are sour after St. Michael's feast day! LOL, blackberry picking here in Kansas is only through EARLY August at best by the way. I had to buy store berries. 




St. Michael, pray for us!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.