- Our Daily Routine
- Catholic Homeschool curriculums
- Our Homeschool Room
- Our bedtime Catholic book list
- Free Catholic curriculum resources, groups, blogs I love..
- Seasons and Feast day costumes, parties and food
- Saint Peg Dolls
- Little Flowers
- Jesse Tree exchanges and ornaments
- Baptism, First Confession and First Communion
Friday, September 30, 2016
Tagging Monarch Butterflies
Monarch's are getting ready to migrate soon. We hope we don't miss them.
We've reared 3 wild Monarch caterpillars so far this year, we had 4 but his cannibalistic sister ate him. This is the sister in the photos. We are tagging butterflies to see if they make it all the way to Mexico.
The tag is documented on a piece of paper which you turn into KU. Then they wait and see if locals in Mexico find any butterflies with tags. They get paid like $5 a butterfly or something. It's a pretty neat program. Knox's 4-H leader gave us the tags and we are making it a club effort to help with butterfly research.