Monday, November 21, 2016

Feast of Christ the King cookies

It's almost the end of the liturgical year! We celebrated the Feast of Christ the King this past Sunday and have been enjoying some sugar cookies to celebrate it.


The shapes are pretty self explanatory right?


We hadn't used our crown cookie cutter yet, and it was cool to see how they turned out.







Me and the kids each did a plateful. The crowns were by far the funnest to decorate. We have been so busy lately, its been hard to squeeze in feast day partying for us.

One of the few things this past week we have worked on was "eradicating" the pest(s) that have killed a few of our hens. Meet the two suspects, we caught them in the act via trail cam. And we even used our old dead Rhode Island Red as bait- she certainly served us well and her friends by helping us figure out what was wrong.



"let me just climb this bush, they won't even see me"


They didn't even play dead. I have one more to catch I think- a smaller "baby" that was on its own. It has been a few weeks since we have seen it- I think we scared it off just by our presence and my kids chasing it.

Anyway, hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving Day! We have much to be thankful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete attacks on my faith and directed at my family or friends, or for any other reason I feel they are inappropriate. Please keep this blog a respectful and happy place.