- Our Daily Routine
- Catholic Homeschool curriculums
- Our Homeschool Room
- Our bedtime Catholic book list
- Free Catholic curriculum resources, groups, blogs I love..
- Seasons and Feast day costumes, parties and food
- Saint Peg Dolls
- Little Flowers
- Jesse Tree exchanges and ornaments
- Baptism, First Confession and First Communion
Sunday, January 29, 2017
Our parish Tet festival
We have a large Vietnamese community at our parish and every year following the lunar calendar they have a Tet festival. This was our first time attending and we took my parents along. It was awesome! I posted a video on my Facebook page (warning firecrackers...a lot!) of the procession across from the church with our pastor being escorted by two lions (I keep calling them dragons). The lions chase away the evil spirits...aka the devil! We enjoyed the beautiful celebration. This was way better than any New Years party I have ever attended.
I really appreciate the modesty in all the clothing and dance. It's not at all like our high school pom pom teams... (no offense to any bumper shakers)
Happy New Year!